Have you already read about my green tea amaretti biscuits? If not, this is the best chance to get to know their “sisters”. Instead of the slightly bitter green tea aroma, these little sisters have a tempting nutty flavor of black sesame seeds.
In East Asia, Black sesame is often used to make yummy sweets. Its unique flavor is highly praised by the Chinese and Japanese Cuisine. In addition, these tiny seeds also enjoy a good reputation for extending life and they are also said to contribute to beauty. Delicious, healthy and makes us look beautiful! What else could you want? 😉
Therefore, I have developed this recipe to give all foodies a “magic bullet” to spend the Christmas season with a lot of culinary enjoyment, power and great look. 😀
Ingredients (for about 50 pcs):
150g ground almonds
100g black sesame seeds (Asia shop)
180g egg whites
1 teaspoon almond extract
Icing sugar for dusting
- Add the sesame seeds into the mixer and ground to fine powder.
- Mix the ground almonds and black sesame powder with 200g sugar and almond extract together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and scoop to the almond-sesame mixture and gently stir until smooth.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper, set the mixture in heaps of about 3cm in diameter on the plate with a piping bag (with a flat nozzle).
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Bake the biscuits for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the black sesame Amaretti from the oven and chill. Dust with powdered sugar.
These biscuits also taste delicious with plum wine or Vin Santo.